By Tirza at Better Breast Health – for Life!™
Although it may come as a surprise to many women, underwire bras may increase the risk of developing breast cancer by restricting lymph flow and attracting electrical pollution. But we can manage the risks with a variety of simple tips. This week, we explore the complete article on this topic. Whether you are already well informed or not, please share this information with women you care about.
The Lymphatic System Detoxifies the Breasts
The lymphatic system helps to detoxify the body by removing unwanted toxins and waste products. With over 100,000 miles of lymph vessels, it is an intricate and delicate system.
While we rely on the lymph system to collect and remove toxins and waste products from breast tissue, we can hinder its effectiveness.
Too much pressure applied against breast tissue can restrict lymph flow, leading to the accumulation of fluid and harmful products, potentially contributing to pain, tender lumps, cysts or cancer.
Underwires Can Cause Lymphatic Restriction
While women typically think nothing about the potential effects that their bra has on their breast health, consider this Thermogram Center client who wore underwire bras for 50 years. Her thermal images indicate bilateral lymphatic inflammation.
Electrical Pollution is Harmful to Breast Tissue
There are growing concerns over the accumulative effects of electrical pollution, some of which have been classified as cancer-causing toxins. The underwires in our bras may act as antennae for “dirty electricity”.
Of course all metals on or in our body acts like an antenna for electrical pollution, including dental amalgam fillings, gold crowns, metal joint replacements, metal glass frames and jewelry, including metal watches, and more.
While all of us receive electrical pollution, some of us will become electrically sensitive, some of us will manifest physical symptoms and illnesses, and some of us will develop cancer as a result.
For women with breast cancer or in treatment for it, malignant breast tissue can absorb up to 577% more EMF radiation than normal breast tissue, potentially accelerating cancer growth.
Bras and Breast Cancer
While there are very few studies linking bras to breast cancer, some bra wearing can put us at risk.
Manage Your Risk
Here are some simple tips to manage the risks associated with wearing bras:
- Consider going braless, resorting to undershirts or tank-tops (with built in shelf support).
- Consider purchasing wireless bras.
- Consider removing the underwires from your bras, or if plastic, their vertical portions.
- Never put your cellphone in your bra. Keep cell phones away from the body.
- Consider reducing the amount of time you wear a bra.
- Consider “pumping your pecs” to stimulate lymph flow out of the breasts.
- Consider dry brushing, self-tapping or gentle lymph massage techniques
- Consider certified lymphatic drainage/massage therapy.
- Consider detoxifying your body and lymphatic system to reduce the toxins and waste products in the breast tissue. (More on how in future blogs.)
If you’re interested in learning more, please click here for the complete article.
Look For Next Week’s Article:
Celebrate Success: How Reducing Stress Affected One Woman’s Breasts